- Posted by Jason Lund
This weekend, March 15th and 16th, the Cape Elizabeth School Board held a ‘Future Search’ event where a group of school and community members gathered to begin the process of updating the school’s strategic plan.
This 100+ diverse group included business owners, town officials, health care professionals, clergy, parents, students, teachers, support staff, school administrators, and other stakeholders of the community.
For two days, the group engaged in structured conversations about the educational future we want for the students of Cape Elizabeth.
- Posted by Erin Tosi
The 2019 John LaPorta Jazz Educator of the Year Award
- Thomas Lizotte is an accomplished music educator who has influenced the artistic lives of thousands of students. He is a teacher at Cape Elizabeth High School in Cape Elizabeth, ME. Thomas Lizotte has been in public education for the past 30 years. He is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts, with degrees in music education and wind conducting. He has taught high school in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Florida and Maine. His primary jazz influences have been Dave Sporny, Dave Demsey Paul Alberta, Don Doane and Steve Massey. He is a regular contributor to The Instrumentalist magazine. Long active as a teacher and judge in the marching arts, he is a member of three teaching halls of fame – Massachusetts Drum Corps, Boston Crusaders and Maine Music Educators.
About the Award
With this award, Berklee is pleased to collaborate with the Jazz Education Network to recognize an outstanding jazz educator who represents the highest standards of teaching and whose results in the classroom have brought distinction to an institution and to students with the John LaPorta Jazz Educator of the Year Award.
This award is named after a legendary jazz educator who served as a distinguished professor at Berklee College of Music for more than 3 decades. LaPorta was an impressive teacher, colleague, and musician. He played a pivotal role in the earliest stage of formalized American jazz education—shaping the unique Berklee curriculum and influencing the artistic lives of thousands of students.
This national recognition is presented to the recipient at the Jazz Education Network conference (January 9-12, 2019) and re-presented at the Berklee High School Jazz Festival in Boston, MA (January 26, 2019). The recipient must be present to receive this honor.
The recipient of the John LaPorta Jazz Educator of the Year Award receives
- Berklee $1,500 Cash Prize
- Berklee $500 Travel Stipend to Attend the JEN Conference (January 9-12, 2019 in Reno, NV)
- Complementary JEN Conference Registration
- Complementary JEN Conference Hotel Room
- Berklee Online Course
- Berklee High School Jazz Festival Package (Boston, MA)
- Posted by Erin Tosi
Cape Elizabeth School Board
January 8, 2019
Town Hall, Council Chambers
Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO AGENDA
- APPROVAL OF SCHOOL BOARD MINUTES
3. COMMENTS BY STUDENT REPRESENTATIVES
- COMMENTS FROM PUBLIC ON AGENDA ITEMS [ per SBoard Policy BEDH]
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTS
b. CEHS Program of Studies for 2019-2020 (Principal Shedd)
c. Director of Special Services
d. Director of Teaching & Learning
e. Business Manager
f. Superintendent’s Report, including January student enrollment
6. School Budget Goals for FY 20
7. Consideration anda ction to approve the following 2018-19 administrative and athletic extracurricular personnel nominations:
|Cape Elizabeth Middle School||Lisa Leonard||District Mentor for Katrina Aspinwall|
|Cape Elizabeth Middle School||AnnMarie Dionne||Asst. Indoor Track Coach|
|Cape Elizabeth High School||Glen Reeves||Varsity Head Baseball Coach|
8. Consideration of the following policies first reading. (No vote required)
· KF: Community Use of School Facilities
· DN: School Properties Dispositions
· ECB: Integrated Pest Management
· EEAEAA: Drug and Alcohol Testing for School Bus Drivers
· GCFB: Recruiting & Hiring of Administrative Staff
· IHOA: Field Trips
· JRA: Student Education Records & Information
9. Considerationand action to approve the following policies for second reading:
· JJIBD: Athletic Policy- Sanctioning of Sports
· EBCC- Bomb Threats
· BCC- Nepotism
· BBA-School Board Powers & Responsibilities
· JJIAB: Private Schools Access to Public School Co-Curricular, Interscholastic & Extracurricular Activities
10. Committee Reports· Policy Committee- Hope Straw
· PATHS General Advisory Committee- Susana Measelle Hubbs
· Needs Assessment Committee- Kimberly Carr
· Tech Committee- Elizabeth Scifres
Request for Future School Board Meeting items
- Upcoming Meetings
13. Consideration to enter into Executive Session pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. §405(6)(A) for the purpose of discussing a personnel item.
14. Action following Executive Session if Needed
15. Consideration to Adjourn
- Posted by Wendy Derzawiec
The clinic will be provided by MaineHealth and is open to the public. The clinic is for ages 3 and up, vaccines only (no flu mist available).
Insurances that will be accepted:
- Medicare Advantage plans except for Humana
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Martins Point
- United Healthcare