Regular Business Meeting
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Town Council Chambers
- ADJUSTMENTS TO AGENDA
- APPROVAL OF SCHOOL BOARD MINUTES
- COMMENTS BY STUDENT REPRESENTATIVES
- COMMENTS FROM PUBLIC ON AGENDA ITEMS [per SBoard Policy BEDH]
- Award recipients for the 2019 Maine Regional Scholastic Art Awards: Rosamond Gross
- English for Speakers of Other Languages Programming Update: Jessica Miller
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTS
- Principals’ Updates
- Director of Special Services
- Director of Teaching and Learning
- Business Manager
- Superintendent’s Report
- NEW BUSINESS
- Consideration to approve LAU Plan
- Consideration to approve the following policies for first reading. (No vote required)
c. Consideration to approve the following policies for second reading.
FF-Naming of School Facilities
IHBEA-Program for English Learners
KHC-Distribution of Non-School Materials
- Consideration to approve the Superintendent’s nominations of personnel to second-year probationary contracts. (According to 20-A M.R.S.A. § 13201, the deadline for written notice of renewal/non-renewal to probationary teachers is May 14. Also CEEA collective bargaining agreement, Article XVI – Contract Notification)
- Consideration to approve the Superintendent’s nominations of personnel to third-year probationary contracts.
- Consideration to approve the Superintendent’s nominations of personnel to first continuing contracts.
- Consideration to approve the appointment of Montserrat Torras-Salvador as Spanish Teacher at Cape Elizabeth High School.
- Consideration to approve the appointment of Christine Marshall as .3 Theater Teacher at Cape Elizabeth High School.
- Motion to consider the 2019-2020 Notice of School Budget Adopted by Town Council and Submitted to Budget Validation Referendum be approved and that following Council approval of the school budget the Superintendent be authorized to complete, execute and deliver that Notice to the Town Clerk for use at the budget validation referendum.
Policy Committee: Hope Straw
PATHS – Susana Measelle Hubbs
Tech Committee-Elizabeth Scifres
Dropout Committee- M. Nasir Shir
- SCHOOL BOARD AGENDA REQUESTS
- ANNOUNCEMENTS OF UPCOMING MEETINgs
Town Council Business Meeting and Adoption of Municipal and CESD Budgets: Monday, May 13, 2019 7:00 PM
Policy Committee: Tuesday, May 28, 2019, 3:00 PM Jordan Conference Room
School Board Workshop: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 6:30 PM CEHS Library
- CONSIDERATION TO ENTER EXECUTIVE SESSION ACCORDING TO 1 M.R.S.A. SECTION 405(6)(F) FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING A STUDENT MATTER.
- CONSIDERATION TO ADJOURN